Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: shack wiring

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: shack wiring
From: Charlie Gallo <>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2010 11:40:45 -0400
On 8/2/2010 wrote:

> Sorry Paul, I misunderstood your information. I see now that you were
> talking about neighborhood primary power distribution, not individual home
> secondary power source.
> I see the single phase primary distribution running for miles and miles out
>  in the rural areas around here. As new and upgraded facilities are
> installed I  see three phase distribution replacing the old plant.
I live in NYC (Queens), and I talked with ConEd about 3 Phase power (I have a
home machine shop) and was told "you want 3 Phase?  No problem - You just have
to replace your panel, and pay for the lines in, and we'll give you 3 phase"

I know that a lot of the BIG houses out in the Hamptons (The Tony Beach resort
area out on Long Island) are running 3 phase as a default now

73 de KG2V - Charles Gallo
Quality Custom Machine-shop work for the radio amateur (sm)