Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TowerTalk Digest, Vol 92, Issue 8
From: Kathy Bookmiller <>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2010 10:58:20 -0700 (PDT)
You might check to see if you have a Red Wing Shoe store in your area-we have 3
here. They carry a work boot with a steel shank (?) or sole-not the steel toe
ones, it wasn't too expensive when I bought a pair-$25-30 15 years ago.  Has a
nice 1" heel so you don't slip through and can be comfortable for hours when on
a tower. Once you buy a pair, you'll be on their mailing list for life as I'm
still getting postcards telling me of sales 15 years later:)

Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2010 12:34:22 -0400
From: Ryan Jairam <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Boots (for climbing)
To: "Tower and HF antenna construction topics."

What do you guys use for climbing?

I need a new pair that doesn't slip easily and is comfortable. I have
used regular work boots and motorcycle boots in the past without
issue, but I want something proper.

I have looked at lineman boots but some are uber expensive.  They are
well insulated for lineman work which may explain it.

Ryan, N2RJ