Re: [TowerTalk] Power Distribution

To: "" <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Power Distribution
From: "Jim Brown" <>
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2010 01:45:32 -0700
On Mon, 02 Aug 2010 16:26:20 -0400, Joe Subich, W4TV wrote:

>I'd like to have 3-phase power for any linear DC supply.  The higher
>ripple frequency and tighter regulation are significant advantages
>while the distribution is no more difficult than traditional 120/240
>(e.g. 3 hots plus safety ground).

I don't understand the economics of converting a residential service
to 3-phase power (LOTS of money to a licensed electrician, plus
building permit) versus a few extra bucks for a power supply in my
ham rig. And I've got to build that power supply, I can't buy it.  At
a 50kW broadcast transmitter site, no argument.

73, Jim K9YC