[TowerTalk] Ground System? W8JI input.....please

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Ground System? W8JI input.....please
From: "John Frazier" <fraz1@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2010 14:27:34 -0500
Hi Jim...hope you got my return QSL for the 6m Q.

I did mention that the station ground rod is connected to the utility ground
(via 65' run of buried 6 AWG).  That is the point where the three other rods
form the delta config, so I believe that constitutes a SPG.

CATV and Telco lines all have ICE suppressers on them at the utility ground.
The station ground rod is directly outside of the shack wall, but
unfortunately, it is 12 feet below the station.  The suppresser is right at the
point where the coax enters the house.

Thanks, and 73........John W4II