Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: shack wiring

To: <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: shack wiring
From: "Don Tucker" <>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2010 08:44:36 -0700
Just what should the wire size be from the pole xmfr to the house and into
the 200A panel?

## ha ha.   I had the power co guy's out here a few months back..and asked
the same thing.  Their answer was... "go ahead and burn it right off the
pole" .
Here in NA, we are being sold a bill of goods.   Everyone has '200 A'
but the drop wire into each home is just 1-0  stranded AL.... which then
spliced into 3-000 stranded CU. .. then into the meter base  [which is the
mickey mouse, piss poor design you ever saw, regardless of who makes em] ..
then into main 200A panel.. which imo, they all use undersize buss bars.