[TowerTalk] Proximity of Antennas and Multi-Radios

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Proximity of Antennas and Multi-Radios
From: michael morgan <cmorgan13@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2010 13:19:14 -0500
I have been blessed in the last couple of years and have been able to get
two nice HF rigs (Yaesu FT-2000 and Kenwood TS-2000).  I am making some
changes to my antenna installation and have a question about necessary
isolation if needed.  I am a armchair contestor, I enjoy getting on the air
for contests but typically just for a few hours and in that environment I
would only use one rig.  But what I would like to do is be able to have my
main rig say on 20 RTTY and try to put the Kenwood on 30 or 17.  I have no
intentions of operating on the same band.

For antennas I have a 35' Rohn 25 tower bracketed to back of my house.  I am
going to replace my Cushcraft A3S with a Explorer 14 with the 40M kit at the
top and possibly put a Cushcraft A3WS above it (any advice on a suitable
mast and separation).  Then I have a Gap Challenger Vertical about 40' from
the base of tower.  Also will replace my G5RV with a Dipole for 80/60.

I do have a Heathkit HL-2200 Amplifier but operate 99% of the time
barefoot.  Just turn it on sometimes during a Phone contest or to get in on
a DX station.

Any guidance or advice would be much appreciated.

73's and God Bless

Michael, AA5SH