[TowerTalk] Fwd: : Multi-Band Vertical Question

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Fwd: : Multi-Band Vertical Question
From: hanslg@aol.com
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2010 10:34:40 -0400
 I dealt with two signals only, just to make it simple. If you add modulation,
other signals etc. you end up with CM products from ALL the different signals.
That makes an almost continuous band of signals usually.

Regarding metal connections; my (and many with me) experience is that you have
diode mixing in ALL metal connections exposed to outside air (rain exhaust
fumes etc). Rust is not a good connector ever. I would think that a
chain-linked fence would make an excellent cross-modulation device. It is
usually of extended length so it makes a good antenna too (to receive what's
needed for the cross-modulation that is).

Imagine you put a relay outside without a cover. How long would that make good
connections?

Hans - N2JFS