My late father in law [W9DHD] was that way. If he was stung by a bee or wasp
it was time to go to the ER NOW. It was life or death.
When I was 4 yr.s old I was stung over 50 times by something. Probably wasps.
We lived in rural Tn & the visiting Dr told my parents if I lived thru the
night I should recover.I did. Since then I seem to have an immunity to
stings.If I'm with other people outdoors wasps, bees & mosquitos ignore me and
bite them. If I'm bitten by any insect if I don't itch the spot all pain is
gone in 10 minutes or less.
Today I was looking at a vertical I have stored on a rack in the back yard.
There was a wasp nest in my gin pole on the rack. They came out to meet me.
Most of them just buzzed around me.
I did get stung on the hand once. After 3 or 4 minutes no pain or red mark.
That was two hr.s ago & there's no evidence I was ever stung.
I know I'm a rare bird. It sure comes in handy when my neighbors or family
find hives & need help. Twice I've pulled football sized hives out of house
eves with no stings. Also my gift is handy on Field Days !
I'm not a Dr. but my guess is there must be something inside me from that
childhood attack that causes me to emit a scent the critters sense. They just
figure I'm a waste of time. Just a gift from God.
TowerTalk mailing list