Re: [TowerTalk] Preferred Come Along or Puller?

To: "'Dino Darling'" <>, "Ed Richardson" <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Preferred Come Along or Puller?
From: "Dick Green WC1M" <>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 14:24:11 -0400
My favorite come-along is the Lug-All:

(I didn't get mine from that vendor -- just a convenient Google result. Don't
recall where I got mine.)

It's expensive, but the build quality is excellent. I use inexpensive
hardware-store come-alongs for non-critical work like tensioning guys. But
where safety may be an issue, like hoisting antennas, tensioning antenna tram
lines or raising masts, I go with the Lug-All.

73, Dick WC1M

From: "Ed Richardson" <>
Date: Sun, August 15, 2010 6:57 pm
To: <>

Planning some tower work that may involve lifting a loaded mast a few
inches. Does the group have a preferred model or models for this type of
device? My tummy tells me the 4 or 5 ton models by Neiko found
frequently on Ebay would be too risky for this type of work.

Looking for something with double ratchet, at least two hooks and with a
cable at least 3.4m (10') long would seem minimum specs. What do
thetower experts say and use?