[TowerTalk] Question Follow-up and a new question

To: TowerTalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Question Follow-up and a new question
From: Kshaddrick <kshaddrick@jetup.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 13:52:30 -0500
Regarding my search for a 9/16" x 3" fully threaded bolt, I have tried all of
the hardware stores, Menards, Home Depot, and the farm/fleet stores in my area,
no one carries such an item. I've had some luck with online sources and will
probably end up getting them in that way.

A new question... my current mast is a bit short (around 7'). I'd like to get
something around 10'. What are the current recommendations for masts? Aluminum
or steel? What specifications would I give the local metal vendor?

The mast will be at the top of a Rohn HDBX-48 and will hold a 2m/440 vertical,
a small 6m beam, and a midsized tribander.

Thanks,

Kelley