Re: [TowerTalk] Question Follow-up and a new question

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Question Follow-up and a new question
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 01:57:20 -0400

On 8/23/2010 3:56 PM, Rick Karlquist wrote:
> Kshaddrick wrote:
>> Regarding my search for a 9/16" x 3" fully threaded bolt, I have tried all
> This fully threaded issue comes up frequently for me.
> Sometimes I can get what I want at Mcmaster-Carr, but
> even then I am stuck with a different material, or head
> than I want, and sometimes the price is astronomical.
> For example, the only thing they have in 9/16 x 3 is
> a black oxide socket cap screw.
> Does anyone have an suggestions for a Mcmaster-Carr
> alternative?

Do a search on what you want and you'll likely find dozens of
suppliers.  "Some where among them" you'll probably find some one who
has the desired bolts in stock.

I get most of mine from "Prime Fastener"/Alma Bolt as they have a local
warehouse and another about 30 miles from here.

73 and good luck,

Roger (K8RI)