Re: [TowerTalk] SteppIR Anetnnas

To: towertalk@contesting.com, k7hph@q.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] SteppIR Anetnnas
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 15:14:28 EDT

In a message dated 8/26/2010 12:01:08 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,

>  Are there any articles or websites comparing SteppIR  antenna
performance to other manufacture's products? I would like to see how  the specs
compare and what actual operating experience is showing. Also would  like to
know
how they are holding up mechancally/electrically. I live in the  mountains
with cold winters and high springtime winds...

    I think you're asking about 2 things - electrical  performance and
mechanical reliability. You can get a very good idea of their  performance from
the specs on their website and compare them with the dozen or  so of other
yagis that we tested awhile back (including Force 12, Hy-Gain,  Cushcraft,
etc.). Steppir used our protocol so the results should be pretty  comparable.
BTW Force 12 provides the same information under their Net Gain  spec.

    The complete tribander comparison report can be  found at
_http://www.championradio.com/shop/Publications.2_
(http://www.championradio.com/shop/Publications.2) .

    As far as the mechanical part, they seem to be  pretty reliable. And
the SteppIR folks give great customer service if you have  any problems!
There'a also a SteppIR reflector if you want to talk to owners  directly (or
here
too for that matter).

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC