Re: [TowerTalk] Life expectancy of RG-213

To: "TowerTalk" <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Life expectancy of RG-213
From: "Jim Hargrave" <>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 10:44:19 -0500

I have about 150 ft going to my TH-6. I purchased it in the early 1970's and
have used the same cable at three QTH. When I installed the tower at this
QTH, (14 years ago) I cut about 3 inches off each end and re-connectored it.
On the tower end I fill the connectors with DC-4 silicon dielectric before
taping and have never had a moisture problem. The cable still provides
excellent readings. One thing that will prolong the life of the jacket, is a
coat of Exterior Latex paint.

     73's Jim