[TowerTalk] Coax questions

To: antennas <>, towertalk <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Coax questions
From: r miles <>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2010 13:03:52 -0400
I have a few towers scattered over 2 acres in the back yard. All have  coax
runs buried in PVC. I'm planning another antenna out  amongst them. I have a
general idea where all the runs are buried but not to the exact inch. I can
just start digging  lightly to find the PVC but that's a long process. Is it
possible to use a metal detector? Something like the beachcomers use.The PVC is
about 4''-6''  below the surface. Frost line is not a problem in the Tn delta.
Has anyone used one to find coax?
Is there more than BuryFlex on the market? I just want to consider what will be
best. This will  be an HF run so no worry about VHF/UHF losses.
Please contact me off reflector to make it less crowded.