[TowerTalk] Bonding to perimeter ground question

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Bonding to perimeter ground question
From: John Schumacher <n4douham@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 16:09:39 -0400
Hello all:

I am in the process of establishing my station at my new QTH.  The home has
metal gutters, downspouts and a metal shingle roof.   This house was built
in the late 60"s and the roof was installed about 10 years ago.

Should I bond the roof, gutters, chain link fence to the perimeter ground?
How about the copper water pipe system using the outside spigot (currently
the cable TV,phone, internet box is grounded to the spigot) and the heat
exchanger?  I am already bonding masts, feedlines, using lightining
arrestors, and using a single point ground.

One interesting thing is that I cannot locate the electrical utility ground
rod. It's not near the meter or the service panel. The house does have a 3
conductor (romex) electrical system.

 I have researched this list and have done extensive reading of the
Polyhaser and other sources.  Some of the information is contradictory.

Any advice would be helpful and thanks ahead of time.

73

John
N4DOU