[TowerTalk] LM-354HD Sections Racking

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] LM-354HD Sections Racking
From: "Michael Hofe, AI3H" <AI3H@thehofefamily.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2010 20:04:26 -0400

I was wondering if anyone has had the problem where the middle section of their
LM-354HD racks inside the base section when the tower is extended?  What I mean
is that the center section of tower will twist slightly and the top and bottom
rollers (top and bottom of the middle section) will slip past the leg of the
bottom section preventing the tower from being lowered unless you go up and pry
the section / rollers back on the bottom section legs.  If so, has anyone
devised a method of preventing the middle section from slipping off the bottom
section leg?  I was thinking of fabricating some type of stainless steel shim
that would be fastened to the bottom section leg that when the tower is full
extended, the shims would be positioned between the rollers and the bottom
section leg.  Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Mike, AI3H