Re: [TowerTalk] LMR400 Grounding Kit

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] LMR400 Grounding Kit
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 13:00:38 -0400

On 9/12/2010 8:08 PM, Anthony J. Cioffi (N2KI) wrote:
> Anyone know where to get LMR400 coax grounding kits at good price?

I just use bulkhead connectorw and heavy Aluminum Angle saddleclamped
across a face of the tower to the tower legs at both the top and bottom
of the tower.

With larger coax I'd go with the grounding kits as they are far cheaper
than the connectors for those sizes. OTOH those same grounding kits are
much more expensive than a bulkhead connector and a pair of PL-259s or N
connectors with it being close to a wash for the 7-16 connectors for the
ones I've looked at.

However, from the home brew point you only need some copper flashing,
and water proofing along with some SS hose clamps.

73

Roger (K8RI)