Re: [TowerTalk] LMR-400 or Davis RG-213

To: "'Kevin Elliott'" <kg0mn@yahoo.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] LMR-400 or Davis RG-213
From: "John Langdon" <jlangdon@outer.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 12:57:19 -0500
I would use Buryflex (see http://www.davisrf.com/coax.php and
http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/4515 ) for it all.  in my experience it
holds up to UV exposure better than LMR400 and resists moisture ingress too.
I have several 240 foot runs underground since 1997, and so far no problems
or detectable change in loss on ten meters. For the rotor loop, I would wrap
the coax around the tower twice to simulate the greatest rotation you will
encounter plus some safety factor.

73 John N5CQ