Re: [TowerTalk] LMR-400 or Davis RG-213 (Kevin Elliott)

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] LMR-400 or Davis RG-213 (Kevin Elliott)
From: "WA3GIN" <wa3gin@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 14:39:57 -0400
Craig,

I like Times Cable AA-9111 for you application but RG-213 is plenty good.

CONSTRUCTION

center conductor: Stranded Bare Copper .108 inches

dielectric: Gas Injected Foam Polyethylene .285

shield: Silver Plated Copper Flat Ribbon Braid .295

: Aluminum-Polyester-Aluminum Tape .300

: 34 GA Tinned Copper Braid (90%k) .329

jacket: Black Flame Retardant Polyurethane over .405

Braid Sealant - Waterproofing Compound

ELECTRICAL PROPERTIES

impedance: 50 ohms

capacitance: 23.9 pF per foot