[TowerTalk] Rohn 25 Guy Anchor

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rohn 25 Guy Anchor
From: Mac English <km9zkb9mdl@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 19:25:21 -0700 (PDT)
I have never done an installation of guy anchors by rohn (GAC303). How deep
does
the hole get dug? I assume at least 4 feet min. Would the hole be a 2x2x4 hole?
How do I get the rod at the angle it needs to be while the concrete gets
poured?
Does the hole get dug beyond the point of where the anchor exits the ground?
What size re-bar is needed? Is it number 7? What kind of wire gets used to hold
the re-bar together? Do I have to build forms for the concrete re-bar cage?

I have only ever done the installation of I-beams as anchors. Those are quick
and dirty. I am unable to pull that installation off this time. So this is what
I guess I will have to do unless someone could give me some other suggestions.
was thinking maybe some kind of steel posts in the ground 5 feet deep by about
24in wide in concrete. If so what size posts would I need as far as diameter,
thickness, length etc.

Thank you,

Mac
KM9Z