Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Permitting

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Permitting
From: Roger <roger@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2010 15:43:19 -0400
On 9/25/2010 3:23 PM, Mickey Baker wrote:
<snip>

> IMO, none of this will come to pass until we have campaign financing reforms
> and term limits. The political machines have shown, time after time, that
> they're not willing to make these serious changes - they are the people in
> power and they like it that way!
><snip>

Term limits sound great until you live in a state that has them. They
aren't in office long enough to really become competent and the state is
still pretty much run by the auto industry. Note where Michigan stands
economically.

Now lets get back to installing towers and antennas.

I'm just finishing up the top pulley on the gin pole.  It's not quite
what I'd planned and I had a problem finding just the pulley that will
take up to a 1/2" rope, but I think the result with interchangeable top
pulleys (up to 18" off set) still to be proven and the ability to use
one or two tower clamps along with the ability to use most any length 2"
OD pole is going to be satisfactory.

73

Roger (K8RI)