Re: [TowerTalk] X99KP 12VDC RELAY FOR AMERITRON REMOTE ANTENNA SWITCHES

To: "Tower and HF antenna construction topics." <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] X99KP 12VDC RELAY FOR AMERITRON REMOTE ANTENNA SWITCHES
From: "Ron W8RJL" <youngron@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 00:48:55 -0400
I cut my teeth on relays so I understand SP, DT, NO, NC, lathing etc, etc. I
don't think there is anything parasitic involved, by parasitic do you mean
the capacitive coupling between the moving contacts, stationary contacts and
the electromagnet? Some relays have more capacitive coupling between
contacts and between contacts and electromagnet/armature than others and in
RF work less coupling is normally better. When replacing relays in RF
circuits it is always best to try and maintain the parameters of the
original relay since just maybe the design engineer knew what he/she was
doing. 73, Ron W8RJL