Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Upgrade

To: tshepom.mmolotsi@gmail.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Upgrade
From: jimlux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 07:33:49 -0700
tshepom.mmolotsi@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have a 20m tower that is due to strengthening to accomodate new antenna
> on top of the existing one. My problem is with grouting of the legs to 14m,
> hw can I acheive this?

I'm confused by the 20 meters and 14 meters..

So, you have a 20m tower now that is sitting on a concrete foundation
block of some sort.

You want to add concrete to the *top* of the existing block?  (so the
distance from top of concrete to top of tower will become less?)

Are you trying to shorten the tower (from a bending standpoint), by
embedding the bottom 6 meters of the tower in concrete?

Seems there are easier ways to solve this problem.

Is the tower freestanding or guyed?