[TowerTalk] Tower Detuning

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tower Detuning
From: "Mike Wetzel" <>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2010 17:51:36 -0400
Dual posting Towertalk and TopBand.

I need to detune a tower that has 2 side mounted rotating 20 meter antennas
on it (not TIC rings but swing arms) (tower 170', boom 46').  I have tried
the sectionalizing method (from W8JI's website) but unable to make this work
so I was thinking the only other way is to do the  3 wire skirt method (NCJ
Nov/Dec 2005 WX0B article).  With the rotating side mounted antennas does
anyone have any experience with how close to the tower the skirt wires can
be?  Any other ideas that I might try to detune it?

The tower seems to be interfering with a new 8 circle (EFBS) 80 meter rx
array (f/b only 10db and pattern is not clean).

Mike W9RE