Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Detuning

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Detuning
From: Jeffrey Okamitsu <>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2010 17:22:07 -0700 (PDT)
How are you setting up the W8JI parallel resonant circuit?

I detune my 140 foot tower using the W8JI method because it was coupling into
my 160 m inv L.  Works great.

I hang a wire from aboout 80 feet to ground and use a 1500 pF vacuum variable
that I can tune remotely from the shack - allows me to tweak the tuning as I
move up and down 160.

73, Jeff W3KL
 Jeffrey K. Okamitsu, PhD, MBA
+1-609-638-5402 US Mobile Phone