Re: [TowerTalk] shunt fed tower and dipole interaction

To: <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] shunt fed tower and dipole interaction
From: "Drax Felton" <>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2010 11:11:09 -0400
I have a similar configuration.  My dipole does interact with the tower.
I can see the tower's SWR rise and fall as I raise and lower the dipole on
its pulley.

Doesn't seem to matter at all.  I've run it with and without the dipole and
the subjective performance is the same.
I just tune it out using the capacitor at the tower base and/or adjusting
the shunt wire.

Having the tower vertical is WAY worth it. The DX possibilities are a lot
better than I ever had with a horizontal wire.