Re: [TowerTalk] Sigma 180-S / 280-S

To: jim.thom@telus.net, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Sigma 180-S / 280-S
From: TexasRF@aol.com
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2010 11:27:26 EDT
Jim, harmonic resonance of a loaded radiator is no longer related to
wavelengths like a full sized radiator. The loading inductance is lumped and
has
a reactance that is linear with frequency. The equivalent radiator length
in  degrees that is replaced by the inductance is more of a tangent function
of  the number of degrees than being linear.

I have not studied this but seems like something that could be modeled with
 proper software.

A direct measurement like you are asking for will give some very quick
answers and hopefully someone will do it and report the results.

73,
Gerald K5GW

In a message dated 10/11/2010 9:11:41 A.M. Central Daylight Time,