Re: [TowerTalk] Sealing Coax Connector

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Sealing Coax Connector
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 13:48:23 -0400

On 10/14/2010 12:40 PM, Richard Solomon wrote:
> I have a few SO-239 connectors that will be exposed to the weather. I want
> seal them from the elements.
> Can anyone suggest some "goop" that will do that without messing up the RF
> characteristics ? Something that will work up into the VHF Bands.
There are many satisfactory methods.
I use "flooded" heat shrink that I purchase a the local electrical
distributor. Install with a heat gun, then wrap with 33 tape.
This produces a mechanically strong connection and reduces the stress on
the connectors.  It's also pretty much water proof. The Heatshrink
stands up well to UV even if the tape gives out.

Roger (K8RI)