To: "'Ro Grrr'" <rogrrr@hotmail.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TowerTalk Digest, Vol 94, Issue 24
From: "Sandy Taylor" <ve4xt@mts.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 19:10:32 -0500
Hmmm,

Well, anger-management issues aside, I think the original post was regarding
protecting the metal below grade.

While I won't dispute that boiled linseed oil would be a good protectant
above grade, I think below grade it would leech away returning the metal
back to the cathodic corrosion that K1KP referenced in his article in QST,
so the sacrificial anode is probably the way to go.

I also doubt there are any enviro issues with boiled linseed oil, being a
product of flax and all. As for used engine oil, I'd say the oil itself is
the least of anyone's concerns. I'd be more worried about all the
contaminants that come with it.

73, Kelly
Ve4xt