Re: [TowerTalk] Recent model motorized LM470/354

To: "Timothy Coker" <>, "Tower and HF antenna construction topics." <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Recent model motorized LM470/354
From: "Al Williams" <>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 20:55:34 -0700
This response may not be applicable but I will appreciate your keeping my
problem in mind if you happen to get a response that fits.

I have two LM470 towers about 6 years old, purchased from a company before
Tashjian, that went out of business.  These towers have enclosed integrated
motor and gearbox i.e. no pulleys or belt. I would like to find out who made
them.  All that I have is that the motor was made by Baldor.
I was told that the normal motor, pulley, belt, and gearbox were in short
supply and that mine was substituted. They may be one-of-a-kind?