Re: [TowerTalk] Painting Antennas

To: <>, <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Painting Antennas
From: "Jim Hargrave" <>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 10:28:58 -0500

I don't see why it would not work. It is a Lacquer based primer and should
not contain any lead products. However, I would query the SteppIR folks to
be safe.

The primer I use is: "Dupli-Color"  P/N   LMEDAP 1690 in a 12 oz spray can.
It is a pale green: typical camouflage color. It should be available at any
auto parts that carry Dupli-Color paint products.

It works great on any metal and fiberglass, including Gel-Coat surfaces. I
usually clean the surface with a brillo pad or similar scrubber and water to
make sure it is dulled a little and clean from handling greases, butterflies

     73's Jim