Re: [TowerTalk] sprinkler system control cable

To: Tom_N2SR <>,
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] sprinkler system control cable
From: Mark K5AM <>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 23:59:21 +0000

I use sprinkler system control cable at the ranch,
underground between several buildings, for:

Telephone lines
Generator remote control lines
Winter battery maintenance via solar

I haven't used it above ground, or for rotator

So far I have had one conductor failure out of
about 80, in 14 years. But I have not traced the
failure; perhaps my connection error. I was lucky
to have installed extra conductors. This is thickly
wooded land, with lots of hungry underground
creatures, so the cable seems to be made for that.

The sprinkler cable is rated for low voltage. For
240 from the generator to the well and to the rig, I
use underground romex.

Mark, K5AM
Solar-powered e-mail at 7900 ft.