Re: [TowerTalk] 14' Extra Worth It for 80m Dipole?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 14' Extra Worth It for 80m Dipole?
From: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Sat, 06 Nov 2010 22:13:32 -0700

You can get a decent estimate of what the potential benefit would be by
using HFTA, the free application that is included with any recent copy
of the ARRL Antenna Book.  I have no idea what your terrain looks like,
but over flat ground it appears you'd get just over 1.0 db improvement
at lower angles (say less than 15 or 20 degrees) and maybe about 1.5 db
improvement at higher angles.  That doesn't sound like much (and it
isn't), but every db counts on 80m.  Only you can decide whether it's
worth the trouble to you.

73,
Dave   AB7E