[TowerTalk] Fwd: Fwd: Upside down rotor

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Fwd: Upside down rotor
From: hanslg@aol.com
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 23:34:48 -0500
 Obviously you can't load the rotor as much as if it mounted "right". You will
have a locking spring washer taking the load. The is not any real raceways in
the RS-rotor, just a few slide/glide bearings. Also, keep in mind that the
rotor will rotate in the "wrong" direction. If you line it up correctly with
north, you will have the rotor "looking" east when the dial indicate west. That
can, though, be corrected if you cross two of the wires to the rotor (I don't
know for sure which once).

Hans - N2JFS