Re: [TowerTalk] question on thrust bearing

To: towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] question on thrust bearing
From: Alex Malyava <alex.k2bb@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 15:12:44 -0500
Reviving this, 3 years old, subject...

I am about to install 30' of Rohn 25 tower with MQ-26 (5 HF Bands 2 element)
on it rotated by Yaesu G-450.
I understand that antenna itself is pretty light and it will never become
anything bigger than MA5B, so it is an easy job for the rotator..
The top section of tower is "Rohn 25 top section"... I am planning to use 4'
long "military surplus aluminum green mast" for an antenna mast.

How exactly I skip thrust bearing step? Do I just feed antenna mast through
that top pipe and that's it?
Wouldn't it be scratching and squeaking up there?

Thanks,
Alex K2BB