Re: [TowerTalk] STACKED 40 METER BEAMS MATCH

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] STACKED 40 METER BEAMS MATCH
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2010 15:50:06 -0500
> To get the best comparison it would be helpful if you had the
> physical characteristics for the Yagi's that Dean uses as the basis
> for his antenna selections in HFTA.

Dean has made it clear that he uses a simple isotropic source of the
specified gain.  Realize that the use of an isotropic source (e.g. no
F/S in the vertical plane) also effects the final pattern by including
excess contribution from RF striking ground close to the tower that
may not exist is a practical antenna (particularly longer boom yagis).

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV