Re: [TowerTalk] OT ?? - Manual tuners

To: "Towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] OT ?? - Manual tuners
From: "Tom Osborne" <w7why@frontier.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2010 10:17:22 -0800
Hi Jim --
I think the rule of thumb is, if you have a choice of tuning
configurations, the one with more capacity and less inductance is
the preferred one.  Seems like I also remember reading that if
there's a choice on where to add the capacity, the preferred
choice is on the output (antenna side).

Hi all

I *thought* I read somewhere that less capacitance is better because there
is less chance of arcing the capacitor (especially if you are running high
power on the lower bands).  Maybe that was an old wives tale or something.
Learn something new every day.  73
Tom W7WHY