[TowerTalk] Freezing prop pitch rotor

To: "''" <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Freezing prop pitch rotor
From: "Zivney, Terry L." <>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2010 14:55:12 -0500
I seem to be having some problems with my small prop pitch rotor freezing up
When the temperature is below freezing.  I'm assuming it's a two part problem.
First, water must be getting in somehow.
Second, the water freezes when its cold.

My rotor installation looks like the fifth picture at

So, first, how do I manage to reduce water ingress?
Second, how do I manage to heat the rotor?   I don't have 120v at the tower
And it is about 400 feet from the house.

Terry Zivney, N4TZ/9