[TowerTalk] Protecting fibreglass spreaders

To: "'TOWERTALK@contesting. com'" <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Protecting fibreglass spreaders
From: "Martin Sole" <>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2010 07:50:32 +0700

I need to coat the spreader arms of my quad. Options for coverings are
limited to what I can source here in Thailand. I can buy polyurethane finish
but even the exterior grade ones I have seen are marked for wood and I'm not
sure if direct application to fibreglass would be appropriate. I am not
averse to coloured spreaders so would paint them if that would be a better
alternative. Should I then choose enamel, acrylic or some other type of

Particular brand or trade names are not much help as they are either not
available here or have different names! What about a coating of fibreglass

Would a better option be to wrap the spreaders in pvc tape or heatshrink

Martin, HS0ZED