Re: [TowerTalk] Noise puzzle (longish)

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Noise puzzle (longish)
From: Pete F5VNB <f5vnb@orange.fr>
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 17:37:23 +0100
No, it's not sun noise, I'm familiar with that from my eme days. It is
broadband hash with no marked peaks, any regular pattern in the spectrum
would show up on the waterfall. I can see +5dB noise peaks ~140kHz apart
from the SteppIR psu/controller on 18MHz (I am getting a linear psu for
that shortly).
The bearing is constant and the time of day does not affect it - except
that the differential is most obvious when the hf bands are closed.
I will try the rfi list but I thought that the height/sn change just
might trigger somebody's memory here.

73, Pete F5VNB