Re: [TowerTalk] Gigavac Relays

To: "Jim Thomson"<jim.thom@telus.net>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Gigavac Relays
From: "Tod Olson"<tod@k0to.us>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2010 08:49:16 -0700
Jim:

I control my latching relays with one control line plus ground. It requires
two voltages [+ / - ] and a simple RC circuit in each + and - source used to
feed the control line for the relay.

The RC circuits provide a big current pulse when switching and then limit
the current to a much lower value once the transition has taken place.

Tod, K0TO

Sent via my DROID X