Re: [TowerTalk] Baluns...again.

To: Tower Talk List <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Baluns...again.
From: Steve Hunt <>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2010 17:07:57 +0000

I have  had exchanges with G0KSC about errors on that page where he
describes the Pawsey Stub, as you will see from his recent additional
note in red.

In particular:

1) It is *not* the differential-mode Velocity Factor of the coax which
is relevant when calculating the length of stub required. Here's the
explanation I gave Justin on his discussion forum - see posting #131:

The issue was also addressed experimentally here:

2) For best stub operation the CM impedance looking along both "paths"
back from the feedpoint should be the same; that argues for using the
same coax for the stub as the main feedline.

Steve G3TXQ