Re: [TowerTalk] 160M Inverted L Elev Radials EZNEC Model Wanted

To: Clint Talmadge W5CPT <w5cpt@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 160M Inverted L Elev Radials EZNEC Model Wanted
From: Rik van Riel <riel@surriel.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2010 18:48:36 -0500
On 12/29/2010 05:44 PM, Clint Talmadge W5CPT wrote:
> Interesting antenna - can you supply the dimensions, especially how high the
> lower leg and feed point are?

In my case, I simply use #12 THHN wire shot across the very top of
a 70' or so tall tree.   The top wire runs across a few trees to
a tree about 100' away, the bottom wire runs in the same general
direction at about 10' high.

Since almost all the radiation comes from the vertical part of
the antenna (the middle of the dipole), exactly where the horizontal
tails go is not very important.

--
All rights reversed.