Re: [TowerTalk] Length of Sloper?

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Length of Sloper?
From: "" <>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2010 07:06:56 -0800 (PST)
468 / Frequency (MHz) should get you close, however your tower is really too
short for a sloper.  Why not just put up and inverted V?  You can use your TX
SWR meter to tune the antenna.  Adding a beam later shouldn't have much effect.

John KK9A

Subject:  [TowerTalk] Length of Sloper?
From:  RLVZ
Date:  Wed, 29 Dec 2010 18:59:01 EST

Hi Guys,
I'm installing an 80-meter Sloper on a self-supporting 60'  tower.  (no
guys)  I don't have a MFJ-259 or other antenna bridge  with me so I'd
appreciate your thoughts to help get me in the ballpark.   The 80-meter Sloper
attach to the tower at the 55'  level.  Currently there are no other antennas
on the 60' tower.   A couple questions:
1) With no other antennas on the 60' tower, do you think the length of the
Sloper wire will be close to the formula 234/freq?  Or do you think  the
Sloper will wind up needing to be  longer or shorter than  234/freq?
2) The once I get the Sloper tuned for minimum SWR on 80-meters, if I later
 add a Tribander to the top of the tower I'll no doubt need to re-tune  the
Sloper, but do you think the Sloper will need to be shortened or
lengthened after the Yagi is added?
Thanks & 73,
Dick- K9OM