Re: [TowerTalk] Aluminum clad wire

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Aluminum clad wire
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2010 11:02:42 -0500

On 12/30/2010 10:40 AM, R. Morris wrote:
> On 12/30/2010 10:17 AM, Robert Harmon wrote:
> Works fine for dipoles and real ladder line.
> Had dipoles up for five years. Made a center insulator from fiberglass
> and SS 1/4- 20 bolts, double nuts.
> Au under one nut, coax under the other.
> Tractor Supply also has "fence spreaders", 3/8", 3 foot fiberglass rod.
> Cut a bunch into 4" ladder line spreaders and use the Au wire.
Glad to hear about the "spreaders" although I'd prefer 4'.
That means I only have to drive about a mile North of the Mall to pick
them up.
A word of caution, "Tractor Supply" carries a wide range of quality.
They have good stuff and they have junk that might last long enough to
get the job done. <:-))

Roger (K8RI)