Re: [TowerTalk] Non-sagging antenna elements

To: "'N6FD'" <>, <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Non-sagging antenna elements
From: "Tod - ID" <>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2010 11:25:48 -0700
> One thing to realize is that the resonant
> point is changing because the wire is also getting longer as it sags.
> 73, Erich
> N6FD

I wonder if you mean that the apparent length of the wire is increasing
Erich. I suspect that the actual length of wire is not really changing -- at
least not significantly -- when the wire is sagging. The capacity to ground
is probably increasing as the wire droops toward the ground. I guess that
would be one form of capacitive loading.

Tod, K0TO