Re: [TowerTalk] 1/4w matching, Common mode chokes and BAL-UN

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 1/4w matching, Common mode chokes and BAL-UN
From: Steve Hunt <steve@karinya.net>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2010 20:05:57 +0000
I have some modelled examples on my web site which illustrate the effect
Jim is talking about. Take a look at the section "Why reactive chokes
are undesirable" on this page:
http://www.karinya.net/g3txq/chokes/

The section finishes: "We conclude that a high value Resistive choke is
the safe option for all scenarios. We also conclude that Rules-of-Thumb
which equate the required choke impedance to some multiple of the
differential-mode load impedance are unsound."

73,
Steve G3TXQ