Re: [TowerTalk] Recommended Coaxial Surge Protector for HF

To: "Bill Jackson" <>, <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Recommended Coaxial Surge Protector for HF
From: "Jim W7RY" <>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2010 14:44:54 -0800
Here are just 3 sites from a simple Google search on "single point

Non DC grounded antennas (those without a trifiler wound balun or system NOT
measuring 0 ohms with an ohm meter across the coax) should always have a
high impedance choke or resistor to discharge static!  A Polyphaser will NOT
normally dissipate static unless it has a DC ground path inside.

Jim W7RY