[TowerTalk] WHOLE HOUSE SURGE/LIGHTNING PROTECTION - Resp DAVIS RF Co.

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] WHOLE HOUSE SURGE/LIGHTNING PROTECTION - Resp DAVIS RF Co.
From: Stephen Davis <sdavis@davisrf.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2011 15:43:19 -0500
Hi Chip,

 Ref your input,  "

> ...., IMHO, just running a long THHN wire between grounds is
> not enough to prevent equipment damage.  "

 I'm not sure how to interpret that remark, but just want to be sure that you
or anyone else does not think that my  ref. to the THHN tie between grounds was
in and of itself a panacea for damage prevention.   In addition to many OTHER
prevention measures, it is academic that a separate station ground be employed
and tied back to the entrance panel ground.  I'm pretty sure you agree, based
on your other astute input.

Tnx,  Steve  K1PEK
DAVIS RF Co