[TowerTalk] TX-472

To: <>, <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] TX-472
From: "William B. Stacy" <>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2011 09:53:47 -0600
Hi, All:

I bought a used TX-472 a while back, had posted some questions here about
it, and received helpful replies.

The people at US Tower gave me the following advice: ". the TRX80 . is
designed for towers 55' and under because of the weight. The winch capacity
is only 1500 lbs. I would recommend a TRX80HD with the pulley reduction and
a 2500 lbs capacity winch."  The TX-55 weighs 670 lbs, and the TX-472 with
the motor drive is 1,210.  That's quite a difference in weight and force.
So, if you're considering the 472, the TRX80HD is the way to go.

I'm looking forward to getting mine installed.  It's a good thing we have
mild winters down here in Oklahoma.  Of course, now watch it snow like
nobody's business!  J

VY 73,

Bill, N5TU